Combining the CEMS Annual Events with the 3-day Student Board Meeting allowed the Function and Team Leads to discuss their ongoing projects with different stakeholders in the CEMS global community. The presence of Mrs. Nathalie Perrin & Mrs. Melissa Weaver & Ms. Margaux Berras from the CEMS Global Office added on to the discussion through engaging sessions, full-board meetings, and single team meetings which resulted in fruitful conclusions. The Alliance thanks AUC and Hakim Meshreki, Ph.D Academic Director; Wafaa Sabry, Senior Director - External Relations and Maha Farouk, Program Manager for hosting the unforgettable Annual Events and the Student Board Meeting.
Excerpt of projects supported by the SB in 2023:
- Preparation of a CEMS Club handover Bible along with an onboarding deck for incoming Presidents to have a smoother transition over semesters
- Preparation of a Graduate Profile Taskforce and involvement of SBRs to represent student community in the same
- Revive „Good Trends Campaign“ along with focusing on upcoming „Global Responsibility Week“ and „Global Alumni week“
- After the successful kick-off of CEMS Buddy program, we aim to help the less-established CEMS Clubs to learn and engage in shared events with more-established CEMS Clubs
- Promote Alumni Mentorship platform to have a one-stop portal to get in touch with all alumni and students across the alliance
- Ideate on Student Board Instagram taskforce to support Global Office and CEMS TikTok channel
- Conducting a pilot on Monday.com to smoothen the workstreams and have a more targeted discussion moving forward
About the Student Board
The CEMS Student Board consists of elected representatives from each CEMS school. It serves a dual role by advocating for the students’ opinions, and managing projects on a global scale, while supporting the local CEMS Clubs.
The Student Board is organized in six functional areas: Marketing & Communications, CEMS Club Support, Master in International Management Affairs, Corporate & Social Partners, Responsible Leadership and Alumni Relations. Also, each member is allocated to one of the five Project Teams: Advocacy Taskforce, Global Integration, Digital Innovation, International Engagement Committee, and Diversity & Inclusion. From 2023, the Board will be chaired by the newly elected Executive Team - President, Nathalie Guillium (UCD), Vice President Operations, Çağla Şevketoğlu (KOC) and Vice President Finance, Jonathan Hucke (AALTO), who sets up the Board’s strategy and structure, and supervises the respective teams.