The CEMS Alumni of the Year is a joint campaign by the CAA in close collaboration with the CEMS Student Board, which gives the CEMS community the opportunity to learn about CEMS alumni on a monthly basis and vote for the favorite candidate as the CEMS Alumni of the Year.
Meet Ina Maller, who is the September candidate for the CEMS Alumni of the Year 2016 election. Ina graduated from CEMS in 2005 from Stockholm School of Economics with her exchange at HEC Paris. She is currently a Director at the Group Holdings and CEO office of Thales in Paris. Previously she worked at McKinsey as a Senior Engagement Manager in Paris.
1. How would you describe yourself in a tweet?
Multinational, european, passionate about technology and innovation, striving towards the sky, with both feet on the ground!
2. What are the three most important things that have personally shaped you?
- My grandfather's passion for technology.
- My grandmother's passion for people, litterature and languages.
- My parents encouraging me to stay true to my values and taking the freedom of choosing my own path.
3. How did the CEMS network contribute to your professional achievements?
Thanks to CEMS I spent six months in HEC, where I met wonderful people, some of them are still my very good friends today. It is a place where I discovered French companies and a European country with plenty of opportunities! CEMS opened the door for me to France where I live and work today. #grateful
4. What advice would you give current CEMS students?
Be open and curious, during your CEMS exchange put as much energy into understanding the people, as into understanding your coursebook, and enjoy the ride!
The voting for the Alumni of the Year 2016 will take place end of October among the CEMS community and will take place in our social media communication channels, where the winner will be announced in the begin of November.